Thursday, February 19, 2009

Is it August Yet?

OK I'm really starting to feel pregnant. And I forgot how much I didn't like it.

I do have to say that this pregnancy has been much easier than my last one.

There. I said it. Now here come the complaints.

I'm getting the occasional wave of morning sickness, especially if I go too long without eating. But since I'm feeling pretty decent most of the time, my appetite has been through the roof. Last night I brought my daughter to dance class, and we have a tradition of going to Chik Fila after class. She gets her nuggets meal and usually I get the grilled chicken sandwich, if anything, and we share a milkshake. Last night she requested we go to "the New MacDonald's" (which I have no idea what she was talking about because there is no new MacDonald's in the area, as far as I know) and since she was such a good girl at dance, I agreed to take her. To the old one, of course. Since there is no new one.

So she got her happy meal and I also got her a small milkshake. Me? I got a LARGE #4, which is the Big & Tasty meal, AND an 10-piece chicken nugget. I haven't eaten MacDonald's chicken nuggets since elementary school. We went home and I ate my burger (which I also rarely get from fast food places), my large fries, drank all of my large Sprite, and then immediately downed 7 of my 10 chicken nuggets.

OMG. I had to lay on the couch for about an hour after that because I was so full. I can't believe I ate so much...junk! My eating during the day hadn't been horrible- 2 eggs with breakfast potatoes and 2 slices of wheat toast at breakfast, fruit salad as a snack, a small serving of pasta with corn and an apple for lunch. Then it went a little downhill when I got home- mashed potatoes (not a lot) and ice cream (also not a lot) as a snack. Then the mega dinner.

I really hope that was a freak thing and I don't make a habit of eating like that, or I'll be gaining 100 lbs this time! And I already feel big.

I'm not sure if I mentioned here that I am not a pretty pregnant lady. I gain weight everywhere, not just in a bump in my belly. I have a feeling that I'm much larger right now than I should be. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much since I had absolutely no problems at all losing the weight the first time, and this time around I'm working out at almost 4 months, where last time I had to stop very quickly some time in the second month, I think.

My sleeping has been sucking, so I'm constantly tired. I try to sleep on my side because sleeping on my belly's not too comfortable for me, and I'm not really supposed to sleep on my back. So all night I wake up to turn from side to side every half hour to every hour. Add in there several trips to the bathroom (last night was 3) and maybe one time every night where I can't get back to sleep because I'm too hot (and I don't mean that like a compliment) and you have a miserable night.

Which then leads to a miserable day because I'm tired, fat and grumpy. Classes are harder for me to teach, and I don't look forward to them at all.

On the bright side, I think I might have felt the baby kick yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure. That was probably my favorite thing about being pregnant, so if that's starting then that's pretty cool.

So now it's just a waiting game until August. We got preapproved for a decent amount to buy a new house, so hopefully with busying ourselves selling ours and moving, that will make time fly by until this kid pops out of me and I can be myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment